Hangzhou ClouGence Technology Co., LTD and its affiliates (collectively, "ClouGence", "we", "us" or "our") fully respect your privacy rights.
Please read this policy carefully. If you have any questions, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This policy applies to products and services offered by ClouGence, including CloudCanal, SDKs, toolkits, websites, and services.
How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
How We Collect Your Personal Information
Personal information refers to all kinds of information related to an identified or identifiable natural person recorded electronically or otherwise, excluding anonymized information. We may collect your personal information when you use ClouGence products or services and interact with us. Depending on the products and services you use and your interactions with us, the types of data collected will vary. You are not required to provide ClouGence with personal information, but in some cases, if you choose not to provide it, ClouGence may not be able to provide you with relevant products or services, nor will it be able to respond to or solve the problems you encounter.
In the process of providing you with relevant products or services, ClouGence may also collect aggregate statistics such as website visits, application downloads, product sales, etc., in order to understand how users use our products and services. For the purposes of this policy, the above statistics are considered non-personal information. We do our best to separate your personal information and non-personal information and use both types of data separately. If personal information is mixed with non-personal information, it will still be treated as personal information.
ClouGence will only collect and use your personal information for the purposes described in this policy and the privacy notices of each product. The following are examples of the personal information we may collect:
Information You Provide to ClouGence
You need to register for a ClouGence account to download and activate the product. When you register a ClouGence account, or log in to a ClouGence account to download software and purchase services, we may ask you to provide corresponding personal information, such as your name, email address, mobile phone number, order information, payment method, etc.
When you use the product for the first time and activate or renew it, ClouGence will collect your information in the form of an Apply Code, please refer to The Content of Apply Code document.
Third Party Source Information
ClouGence may also obtain other information about you, your device, or use of the Services from publicly or commercially lawful sources, as permitted by local law, such as when you log in to our Site through a third-party social networking site account; Or, when another individual uses our Communication Services, uploads your contact details.
How We Use Your Personal Information
ClouGence will only use your personal information where there is a lawful basis to do so. Subject to applicable local laws, ClouGence may use your personal information for the following purposes based on your consent, necessary for the performance/conclusion of your contract with ClouGence, to protect the legitimate interests of you or others, necessary for the performance of legal obligations, and legitimate interests of the business:
- Register and activate your purchase of ClouGence products or services;
- Register a ClouGence account so that you can enjoy more colorful functions;
- Deliver, activate or verify the products and services you request, or make changes, technical support and after-sales services at your request;
- To send you notifications of operating system or application updates and installations;
- To personalize your user experience and personalized content;
- To contact you, send you information about products and services that may be of interest to you, invite you to participate in ClouGence promotions and market research, or send you marketing communications with your consent or at your own request;
- Conducting internal audits, data analysis and research to analyze business operational efficiency and measure market share to improve ClouGence's products and services;
- Troubleshoot errors if you choose to send us error details;
- Synchronize and store the data you upload or download and the data necessary to perform the upload and download;
- Improve our loss prevention and anti-fraud programs;
- To comply with applicable local laws and regulations, such as to comply with e-commerce platform management obligations or to comply with legal government requirements;
- Other purposes disclosed in the Product Privacy Notice.
ClouGence's websites, softwares, online services, emails, and advertisements may use local storage technologies such as cookies and web beacons.
ClouGence treats information collected through cookies and similar technologies as non-personal information.
However, if local law considers IP addresses or similar identifiers to be personal information, ClouGence also treats such identifiers as personal information.
In addition, we sometimes combine non-personal information collected through these technologies with other personal information we hold. When we combine data in this way, we treat the combined data as personal information for the purposes of this policy.
A cookie is a plain text file that a web server stores on your computer or mobile device. The contents of a cookie can only be retrieved or read by the server that created it. Each cookie is unique to your web browser or mobile application. Cookies typically contain identifiers, site names, and some numbers and characters.
ClouGence sometimes stores cookies on your computer or mobile device, and we enable cookies to improve the user experience, including:
- Necessary Cookies
- Sign in and authenticate. When you log in to the website with your account, cookies allow you to jump directly from one page of the website to another without having to log in again on each page;
- Store your preferences and settings. Cookies allow websites to save settings such as the language of your computer or mobile device, font size, shopping cart and other browsing preferences;
- Analytics Cookies
- Statistical analysis. With the help of cookies, ClouGence may collect information about your use of our websites and other applications, such as recording a user's single visit (using session cookies) or multiple visits (using persistent cookies).
- Advertising Cookies
You can manage or delete cookies according to your preferences. For details, see AboutCookies.org. You can clear all cookies saved on your computer, and most web browsers have a feature to block cookies. For more information on how to change your browser settings, check with your browser's provider.
In addition to cookies, we use other similar technologies, such as web beacons and pixel tags, on our websites to analyze service and product usage (in conjunction with cookies) and to provide features and services that are more relevant to your needs.
For example, promotional materials such as e-mails, installed software products, and articles posted to you may contain URLs that link to content on the ClouGence website. If you click on the link, we track the click to help us understand your product and service preferences and improve customer service.
Do Not Track
Many web browsers have the Do Not Track feature, which posts Do Not Track requests to websites. Currently, the major Internet standards organizations do not have policies in place to dictate how websites should respond to such requests.
ClouGence does not currently support changing the handling of these cookies based on your chosen "Do Not Track" settings or other similar features.
How We Entrust the Processing, Sharing, Transfer, and Public Disclosure of Your Personal Information
In some cases, ClouGence may appoint another company to process your personal information on behalf of ClouGence. For example, companies that send emails, send text messages, provide technical support on behalf of ClouGence, and these companies may only use your personal information to provide services to you on behalf of ClouGence.
ClouGence will sign strict entrusted processing agreements or personal information processing terms with the entrusted party. The entrusted party is obliged to process the relevant personal information in accordance with this policy and our instructions, and take relevant confidentiality and security measures to ensure the security of personal information.
Sharing means that ClouGence provides personal information to other personal information processors, and both parties independently decide the purpose and method of processing in the personal information processing activities. Generally, ClouGence will not share your personal information externally, except in the following cases:
- Sharing with consent: After obtaining your consent, ClouGence will share the information within the scope of your authorization with the third parties designated by you;
- Sharing under statutory circumstances: ClouGence may share your personal information externally in accordance with laws and regulations, litigation dispute resolution needs, or in accordance with the requirements of administrative and judicial authorities in accordance with the law;
ClouGence conducts security assessments of sharing practices and recipients of personal information, and signs data protection agreements or strict confidentiality agreements with recipients requiring them to process personal information in accordance with this policy and relevant confidentiality and security measures.
In the event of a merger, division, dissolution, acquisition or declaration of bankruptcy, if the transfer of personal information is involved, we will inform you in advance of the name and contact information of the recipient and require the recipient to continue to process your personal information in accordance with this policy. If the recipient changes the original processing purpose and processing method, it shall obtain your consent again.
ClouGence will only publicly disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- After obtaining your consent;
- Public Disclosure Based on Legal or Reasonable Grounds: ClouGence may publicly disclose your information when required by law, legal process, litigation, or public and governmental authorities.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
ClouGence takes the security of personal information seriously and we adopt industry standard practices to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage or loss. To this end, ClouGence has taken the following measures in particular:
- We take all reasonable and practicable measures to ensure that the collection of personal information is minimized and that personal information that is irrelevant to the achievement of the purpose will not be collected. We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes stated in the policy, unless an extension of the retention period is required or permitted by law;
- We use encryption technology to ensure the confidentiality of data transmission and storage. We use trusted protection mechanisms to prevent malicious attacks on data and the servers where data is stored;
- We will deploy access control mechanisms to ensure that only authorized personnel can access personal information; And according to business needs and personnel level, control the number of authorized personnel and achieve hierarchical authority management of authorized personnel; Access to personal information is logged and regularly audited by administrators;
- We will strictly select business partners and service providers, and implement the requirements of personal information protection into the business contracts or audits, assessments and other activities of both parties;
- We conduct security and privacy protection training courses, tests and promotional activities to raise awareness among our employees of the importance of protecting personal information.
In general, ClouGence will do its best to protect your personal information. Nevertheless, no measure can be foolproof, and no product or service, website, data transmission, computer system, Internet connection is completely secure.
In order to deal with possible risks such as personal information leakage, damage and loss, ClouGence has formulated a number of systems and control measures, clarifying the classification and grading standards for security incidents and security vulnerabilities and the corresponding handling procedures.
In the unfortunate event of a personal information security incident, ClouGence will inform you in accordance with the requirements of local laws: the basic situation and possible impact of the security incident, the disposal measures we have taken or will take, suggestions for you to prevent and reduce risks on your own, remedial measures for you, etc. We will inform you of the relevant circumstances of the incident by email, SMS, push notification, etc., and when it is difficult to inform the Personal Data Subject one by one, we will issue an announcement in a reasonable and effective manner. At the same time, we will also report the handling of personal information security incidents in accordance with the requirements of local regulatory authorities.
How You Manage Your Personal Information
Personal Information Subject Rights Such As Access, Correction, and Deletion
In the countries/regions where ClouGence provides products and services, the legislation of some countries/regions stipulates the rights of personal data subjects such as access, correction, deletion, and restriction of processing of personal information. In accordance with the requirements of local laws, the Personal Data Subject or its agent may submit a request to ClouGence to exercise the above personal information subject rights (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Request").
How to Make the Request
Personal Data Subject requests must be made in writing. A request is valid even if the requester does not state the statute on which the request is based. Generally, an oral request for a visit is void and ClouGence will comply with such provisions if the legislation of the local country also recognizes the validity of the oral request.
Personal Data Subject requests can be submitted by contacting us and submitting, which is designed to protect the legitimate interests of Personal Data Subjects and protect the normal operation of ClouGence, and prevent the right to request personal information from being stolen or abused by others.
Validity of the Request
Most laws require Personal Data Subjects to comply with specific requirements when making requests. This policy requires Personal Data Subjects to do the following:
- Provide ClouGence with sufficient information to verify their identity (to ensure that the person making the request is the person who made the request is the subject of the personal information or his or her authorizer);
- The content of the request is specific and enforceable.
The Processing Period of the Request
ClouGence makes every effort to ensure that a response is made within one month of the Personal Data Subject's request for access, and this period may be extended appropriately if necessary, given the complexity and volume of the request.
In the case of delay in providing information, ClouGence will notify the personal data subject of the relevant circumstances and the reason for the delay. In the event of a conflict between the time limits set forth in this paragraph and local legal provisions, local legal provisions shall prevail.
The Result of the Request
After the Personal Data Subject requests are made, the following outcomes may occur:
The request was denied
In some cases, the Personal Data Subject's request will be rejected, including but not limited to:
- When local laws do not give the subject of personal information relevant rights;
- When the identity of the person making the request cannot be verified;
- When the request submitted by the Personal Data Subject cannot be verified or exceeds the scope, especially when the request is repeatedly submitted;
- If the information involved relates to compensation to be made or received by ClouGence in the dispute, disclosure of the information is likely to harm ClouGence's interests;
- If the information is retained only for statistical and research purposes and the publication of statistical and research results does not disclose the identity of the individual;
- Other circumstances stipulated by law.
If ClouGence rejects the personal information subject's request for access, it will formally explain the reason to the requester.
The request succeeded
When the circumstances in 1 do not occur, ClouGence will fulfill the request of the personal data subject. In order to increase the likelihood of a successful request, please provide as much detailed information as possible at the time of request, such as the type and specific content of the request, information about the data holder (such as the name of the ClouGence product and service you are using), the time frame in which the information was generated or processed (the smaller the time frame, the greater the likelihood of success), etc.
- No one has access to the personal information of others, except as an authorized person or guardian.
- Most laws and regulations specify the circumstances under which organizations may not provide data to Personal Data Subjects. These situations include situations where the provision of data would undermine the power to combat terrorism, the subject of personal information has made repeated requests multiple times, or that obtaining and providing information would consume disproportionate resources.
- In principle, ClouGence does not provide the following information:
- Information about other people – The data that Personal Data Subject wants to obtain in an access request may involve persons other than the Personal Data Subject. ClouGence will not provide such information unless the individual involved consents.
- Duplicate requests – the requester makes the same or similar request for the same personal information subject, the data has not changed in the past period, and ClouGence has provided the data, in which case ClouGence will generally not provide a copy of the data. In addition, ClouGence is not obligated to provide information that has been made public.Duplicate requests – the requester makes the same or similar request for the same personal information subject, the data has not changed in the past period, and ClouGence has provided the data, in which case ClouGence will generally not provide a copy of the data. In addition, ClouGence is not obligated to provide information that has been made public.
- Opinions given under confidentiality conditions – ClouGence is under no obligation to provide information about the subject of personal information if it is given under confidentiality conditions.
- Special files – Any special information retained by ClouGence will not be disclosed in response to the personal information subject's access request. In general, special information includes any confidential documents (e.g. direct communication between the client and his lawyers) as well as information for the purpose of obtaining or giving a corresponding legal opinion (whether in the course of the proceedings themselves or in the course of court proceedings).
How We Protect the Personal Information of Deceased
If you are a close relative of the deceased ClouGence user, for your own legitimate and legitimate interests, you can contact us and exercise the rights of access, copying, correction, deletion and other rights stipulated by law on the personal information related to the deceased; Unless otherwise arranged before the deceased's death. Please note that this personal information only includes information associated with the deceased's ClouGence account.
How We Process Personal Information of Minors
We attach great importance to the protection of minors' personal information, and ClouGence will provide services and protection for minors in strict accordance with national laws and regulations. Parents or other guardians should also take appropriate precautions to protect minors, including supervising their use of products or services.
We consider anyone under the age of 14 (or the age under local law) to be considered a child. We will strictly limit the entrusted processing, sharing, transfer, and public disclosure of children's personal information in accordance with laws and regulations. If at any time a guardian needs to access, amend, or delete personal information relating to a ward, please contact us as described in Chapter How to Contact ClouGence. If ClouGence discovers that it has collected personal information from a child without the prior consent of a verifiable parent or other guardian, it will seek to remove the relevant content as soon as possible.
Third Party Links and Their Products and Services
To ensure a smooth browsing experience, ClouGence's websites, softwares, products and services may contain links to third-party websites, products and services.
ClouGence's products and services may also use or provide products or services from third parties, such as the underlying technical services used by the Products or the Site.
We have no control over such third parties and have no control over the privacy or data protection policies of such third parties, nor are such third parties bound by this Notice.
If you need to submit personal information to third parties, please read and refer to the privacy or data protection policies of those third parties.
How Your Personal Information is Transferred Globally
Your personal information collected by ClouGence may be processed in, or accessed from, the country in which you use the products or services, affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers, or other countries where business partners have establishments. Data protection laws may differ in these countries. In such cases, we take steps to ensure that the data collected is processed in accordance with this policy and the requirements of applicable law.
The personal information we collect and process in the operation of the country in which we operate will be stored in that country and will not take any action to transfer personal information across borders.
How this Policy is updated
ClouGence reserves the right to update or modify this policy from time to time. If this policy changes, we will post the latest version of this policy on our official website (https://www.cloudcanalx.com). If we make material changes to this policy, we may also send you notice of the change through different channels, such as by posting a notice on our website or by posting a separate notice to you.
How to Contact ClouGence
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please contact us by email(email@example.com) or contact number (86-0571-88603096), for more detailed contact information, please visit the ClouGence website.